Planning your next overseas trip, but not sure where? Why not try to go to the Land Down Under.
With Australia’s myriad of world-class tourist attractions and must-try outdoor opportunities, visiting this country should be on the top of your travel bucket list. Millions of people from around the world visit Australia every year and they are all captivated by the country’s unique natural and modern beauty.
Here are 3 good reasons why you should visit Australia:
Why You Should Visit Australia
Amazing Beaches and Surf Spots
Australia is a haven for both beachgoers and surfers. With the country’s advantage of having golden sunshine almost all-year round, you can enjoy outdoor activities by the beach any day you want.
There are about 12 thousand beaches all around the country where you can swim, surf, or just sunbathe. One of the best spots to go to for pristine white sand beaches and big wave surfer havens is Byron Bay — a tourist-favorite beach-side town. Some of the best beaches in this are Belongil Beach, Clarkes Beach, Main Beach, Wategos Beach, and The Pass.
Here are other beach towns to visit:
- Jervis Bay (New South Wales)
- Surfers Paradise (Queensland)
- Noosa Heads(Queensland)
- Palm Beach (New South Wales)
- Cronulla (New South Wales)
- Apollo Bay (Victoria)
- Margaret River Region (Western Australia)
- Kingscote (South Australia)
- Coles Bay (Tasmania)
- Shoal Bay (New South Wales)
Australia’s wildlife is truly a league of its own. About eighty percent of all its wildlife is endemic to Australia, so you should definitely not miss out taking a glimpse of this country’s stunning and incredible creatures.
Of course, one animal you should definitely look for is the kangaroos. Just find the perfect location (e.g. Kangaroo Island, Cape le Grand National Park, etc.) and you will be able to see kangaroos wandering around in their natural habitats. Other cute animals to see are koala bears, sugar gliders, bilbies, wombats, and more.
Another fascinating fact about Australia’s wildlife is that most of the world’s deadliest species can be found here. Some of these creatures are saltwater crocodiles, box jellyfishes, taipan snakes, funnel-web spiders, blue-ringed octopuses, and stonefishes. Make sure you avoid these creatures whenever you encounter them.
If you want to spot wildlife while in Australia, here are the best places to go to:
- Daintree Rainforest (Queensland)
- Great Barrier Reef (Queensland)
- Kangaroo Island (South Australia)
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary (Queensland)
- Montague Island (New South Wales)
- Ningaloo Reef (Western Australia)
- Phillip Island (Victoria)
- Wilsons Promontory (Victoria)
Aside from its stunning beaches and impressive wildlife, Australia is also known for its incredible highly urbanized cities where you can find iconic landmarks and impressive architecture.
Sydney and Melbourne are probably the most well-known and visited cities by foreign tourists, but there are also other cities and towns you should visit while staying in this country. Some of these are Perth, Margaret River, Adelaide, and of course, Australia’s capital city Canberra.
Some of the popular destinations in these Australian cities are the world-famous Sydney Opera House, the eye-catching Sydney Harbour Bridge, Royal Botanic Gardens, National Gallery of Victoria, and many more.
Some of the other must-see destinations within Australian cities are:
- Cape Mentelle Vineyards (Margaret River)
- Federation Square (Melbourne)
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (Melbourne)
- Museum of Contemporary Art Australia (Sydney)
- National Library of Australia (Canberra)
- Sydney Tower Eye (Sydney)
- The Aquarium Of Western Australia (Hillarys)